Western Ruler D1050 was built in January 1963 and was one of the Class 52 Type 4 Diesils. All 73 members of the class were named and Western Ruler was originally painted in Maroon before changing to the blue livery shown in Neville Robinson's fine painting after 1967.These very powerfull Diesil Hydralics spent much of their time on the West of England services between paddington and Penzance and the usual double heading of loco power was not needed over the long gradients of the Devon and Cornwall banks. She was withdrawn and scrapped in September 1975 after travelling 1,176,000 miles.
Print Size 15 x12 inches aprox. Limited Edition of 74 only no. 1000-1073 signed by the artist
There are no reviews yet.